Giuseppe Caprotti was born in 1960 in Milan, he is divorced with three children.
He has studied in Switzerland and in France. His thesis was translated from French and published in Italy by Franco Angeli.
Giuseppe Caprotti has worked as shelf stocker, buyer, Marketing Director, Buying Director, COO and CEO – almost 20 years in Esselunga, the regional retail chain based in Milan.
Part of his training for Esselunga was spent abroad: he has worked in Carrefour in Brasil and Dominick’s for more than two years, in the US.
- Esselunga’s loyalty card,
- Esselunga’ superstores assortement and lay-outs,
- Esselunga’s industrial Accounting and category management,
- Esselunga’s Marketing and Non food departements,
- E-commerce ,
- Esselunga’s organic line,
- Central purchasing organization ESD Italia.
After Esselunga he has been consulting, working in the restaurant business and writing on his blog www.giuseppecaprotti.it.
He speaks Italian, French, Spanish and English.